Number of badges issued: 647
Badge is available to Regular IBM Employees only.
Complete the LGBT+ Collection learning plan and associated activities, including pledging to be an ally and passing the assessment with a score of 80% or higher.
Apply the knowledge acquired as co-assessed by the regional Diversity Engagement Partner and/or BRG leader through completion of one of these activities:
• Collaborating with a BRG to organize an Ally event, such as Ally BRG Launch, Take your Ally to an Event, or participation in a Global Ally Advisory Group.
• Speaking at an internal or external LGBT+ event.
• Participating in an LGBT+ panel.
• Writing up and posting a summary of takeaways in the #lgbt-plus-and-allies Slack channel after attending an LGBT+ friendly conference or webinar.
Do two of the following activities within an 18-month period:
• Mentor at least three co-workers on ally championship best practices via CoachMe.
• Submit a brief story on how you became an LGBT+ ally when you introduce yourself in the #lgbt-plus-and-allies Slack channel.
• Hold a knowledge sharing session with your team, describing insights gained from the learning and how you applied the learning to become an active ally.
FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION: when applying for the LGBT+ Ally Championship Badge:
Laws, cultural norms and public opinion all vary on the subject of LGBT+ rights and issues. Some countries, such as those within MEA, Russia, Indonesia and Malaysia, specifically prohibit same sex sexual activity and may punish those who are found to support and/or promote it.
Given the variation in laws, cultural norms and public opinion, we encourage employees to use their best judgment in deciding whether to include the badge in their signature line based on the extent of their contacts with external contacts and the locations of those interactions.
Apply for this badge