Number of badges issued: 4234
Be an employee of IBM or IBM contractor.
Complete the following required activities:
• Complete the Be Equal Foundations learning plan.
• Visit the Diversity & Inclusion gateway website and read the Understand webpage.
• Visit the Be Equal Allies portal website and read the homepage.
• Join at least one Business Resource Group (BRG). Business Resource Groups (BRGs) are volunteer employee-led groups whose members share a common interest in diversity and inclusion. The groups align their programs and initiatives to support IBM's Diversity & Inclusion strategy and business priorities.
Within a 12-month period, you must choose to complete AT LEAST TWO of these speaking activities:
• Use the Emb(race) Conversation Guide with a group of colleagues to discuss race and racism.
• Hold a knowledge sharing session with the team you lead or participate on. During that session, describe insights gained from the learning and how you applied the learning to become an active Be Equal Ambassador.
• Speak at an internal event about issues around any of the topics covered in the learning plan - the event can take place offline or online.
• Participate in a BRG event - face-to-face or virtual.
• Meet with an IBM group or team to discuss issues of inclusion - in person or in a virtual session.
Within a 12-month period, you must choose to complete AT LEAST TWO of these digital activities:
• Visit the Be Equal Allies portal and choose an action to take.
• Visit the Take a Step page and choose an action to take.
• Publish an internal blog post at IBM about what diversity and inclusion is like on your team or in your business unit.
• Include a diversity and inclusion goal in your Checkpoint.
• Give Checkpoint feedback to 3 individuals who you see demonstrating that they value diversity and inclusion.
In addition to the above activities, managers are highly encouraged to complete the following:
• Include a diversity and inclusion goal in your Checkpoint reflective of fostering a consciously inclusive team environment.
• Discuss diversity and inclusion as a value at IBM during a team meeting or in 1x1 meetings and encourage them to include a diversity and inclusion item in their Checkpoint.
• Host a diversity and inclusion info session for your team, business unit or site - can be a virtual event or face-to-face.
Apply for this badge